Tivoli Pass Membership terms and conditions
1) General Tivoli Pass terms and conditions
1. All Tivoli Passes entitle the Passholder to free admission to Tivoli for Tivoli's at any time open seasons. Tivoli's open seasons may vary and may be adjusted on an ongoing basis, but the cardholder is guaranteed a minimum of 200 opening days per calendar year.
2. A Tivoli Pass can either be purchased as a
- subscription with annual payment
- subscription with monthly payment, or as a
- gift with an expiry date
3. There are the following types of Tivoli Passes:
- Tivoli Pass: The Tivoli Pass provides admission for the Passholder. The Pass is strictly personal and is not valid for use by anyone but the Passholder.
- Tivoli Silver Pass: The Tivoli Silver Pass entitles the Passholder to bring one companion free of charge per day. This is only valid when visiting with the Passholder, and it is a condition that the companion is a business associate, family member, colleague or friend of the Passholder.
- Tivoli Gold Pass: The Tivoli Gold Pass entitles the Passholder to bring up to four companions together free of charge per day. This is only valid when visiting with the Passholder, and it is a condition that the companions are business associates, family members, colleagues or friends of the Passholder.
- Tivoli Wild Pass: The Tivoli Wild Pass provides admission for the Passholder personally as well as a free Multi-ride ticket for the Passholder on each visit to Tivoli (max. one per day). The Multi-ride ticket is personal to you and must not be sold on. Infringement of this is considered misuse of the Tivoli Pass.
4. Tivoli Passes are purchased as digital products. Physical Tivoli Passes are available for purchase in return for a fee.
5. All types of Tivoli Passes are strictly personal and may only be used by the Passholder. It is the responsibility of the Passholder that the Tivoli Pass is not misused. If the Tivoli Pass is used by someone other than the Passholder, this will be regarded as misuse of the Tivoli Pass, and the Tivoli Pass will be cancelled. Misuse of a Tivoli Pass may result in legal proceedings, as Tivoli reserves the right to claim compensation for damage sustained in connection with the misuse. The Tivoli Pass will not be returned after cancellation, nor will the fee for the Tivoli Pass be refunded in full or in part.
6. If the Passholder has purchased a Tivoli Pass, it is the Passholder's responsibility to complete the Tivoli Pass via the link to the Passholder's My Tivoli (Mit Tivoli)-profile, which is sent to the Passholder in connection with the purchase. The Passholder can also complete the Tivoli Pass in person at the Tivoli Box Office. Read more about the completion procedure in points 2.9 and 3.5.
7. Free admission applies only for Tivoli's at any time open seasons on presentation of a valid Tivoli Pass. Tivoli Passholders who are unable to present their Tivoli Pass must pay the normal admission fee, which is non-refundable. Likewise, Tivoli Wild Passholders who have forgotten their Pass must pay the full price for a Multi-ride ticket.
8. Tivoli Passholders who lose their Tivoli Passes must immediately contact Tivoli's Call Centre on tel. +45 33 15 10 01 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org, after which the Tivoli Pass will be blocked. If the Tivoli Pass is used by another person without it having been blocked, this is regarded as misuse and the Pass will be cancelled. Cancelled Tivoli Passes will not be returned and no refund will be given. A lost or damaged Pass can be replaced upon payment of a fee.
9. Tivoli reserves the right to cancel a Tivoli Pass without notice if Tivoli deems that the Passholder has acted deceitfully or improperly in or towards Tivoli or displayed unacceptable behaviour towards other visitors, employees or equipment in Tivoli, or has not complied with the Garden's Regulations in force at any given time in Tivoli or instructions from staff in Tivoli.
10. Tivoli reserves the right to restrict the Passholder's access to Tivoli on certain days or at certain times. This will be necessary for safety reasons, for example, or when limited access to Tivoli is required due to events inside or outside Tivoli. The Passholder will not be entitled to any compensation or refund in that connection, unless the access restriction/closure entails less than 200 opening days in the calendar year in question.
11. In the event of official prohibitions or recommendations, which mean that Tivoli must be kept closed or access to Tivoli must be restricted, for example due to extraordinary health or safety considerations or similar, the cardholder does not obtain the right to compensation or reimbursement of any other kind in this connection, unless the restriction/closure entails less than 200 opening days in the calendar year in question.
12. All Tivoli Passes can be purchased online via Tivoli.dk or in person at the Tivoli Box Office, Tivoli Service Centre and at Tivoli's entrances.
13. Questions regarding Tivoli Passes should be addressed in writing or by telephone to: Tivoli Call Centre, Vesterbrogade 3, Postboks 233, DK-1630 Copenhagen V., tel. +45 33 15 10 01 and e-mail email@example.com.
2) Tivoli Passes purchased as subscriptions
1. Tivoli Passes purchased as subscriptions are taken out as ongoing subscriptions, calculated and paid for either for one year (annual payment) or one month (monthly payment) at a time.
2. A Pass purchased with annual payment is valid for the month in which it is purchased and the 11 subsequent months. The first month is paid for in full regardless of the date of purchase.
3. A Pass purchased with monthly payment is valid for the full month in which the Pass was purchased. The full month is paid for regardless of the purchase date.
4. The validity period for a Tivoli Pass purchased as a subscription begins immediately, as soon as the Pass is issued. This also applies even though the Tivoli Pass is purchased in a period when Tivoli is closed.
5. An agreement on the purchase of a Tivoli Pass as a subscription can be entered into only by persons who are over the age of 18 and legally competent.
6. Tivoli Passes with annual payment can be purchased at the Tivoli Box Office and Tivoli.dk. Here, the purchaser will be informed of the current Membership terms and conditions, which the purchaser must accept. The Pass can be completed at the Box Office and online via Tivoli.dk. Tivoli Passes purchased at physical sales points may only be paid for one year ahead.
7. Tivoli Passes with monthly payment may only be purchased online via Tivoli.dk
8. You can purchase a Tivoli Pass as a subscription for other people. The payment obligation will be linked to you as the Administrator.
9. Tivoli reserves the right to charge a set-up fee.
- If the Passholder is not the same person as the Tivoli Pass Administrator (the person liable for making payment), a link will be sent to the Passholder. The link contains instructions for completing the Tivoli Pass on My Tivoli. The Administrator will receive an e-mail with a link to My Tivoli, where the remaining credit card information is to be filled in.
- The Passholder completes the Tivoli Pass by creating a profile on My Tivoli. The Passholder must, in this connection, create a password and upload a picture of the Passholder. The picture of the Passholder will be stored with a view to admission control. When the Passholder visits Tivoli, the photo is displayed on a screen visible to attendants at the entrance. The Passholder must show proof of identity on request. While use of the Tivoli Pass is not contingent upon Tivoli collecting and keeping a portrait photo of the Passholder, Passholders who do not wish to have a photo registered are always obliged to produce photographic identification at the entrance to Tivoli. The Passholder's name may be changed in person at the Box Office provided the Passholder's name is correspondingly changed in the Danish National register (Folkeregistret). The Passholder's photo can be changed if Tivoli deems that the Passholder's appearance has significantly changed. The Passholder must also register his or her payment information for use with ongoing payment. The Passholder may, at any time, unconditionally withdraw his or her consent to the ongoing payments made from the registered payment account. However, the Passholder’s obligation to pay will continue, unless the Subscription is terminated in accordance with the conditions in section 12.
- The physical Pass can be made electronic at a later date if the Passholder adds the Pass to Tivoli's app. The Tivoli Pass can also be printed out.
- If the Tivoli Pass is purchased with monthly payment, the payment for the first calendar month in which the Tivoli Pass is valid must be made at the time of purchase. Payment may only be made online in connection with the purchase at Tivoli.dk. Payment for the following calendar month will fall due on the first of the following dates: 1) between the 22nd and 26th day of the current month, 2) the last day of the current month or 3) the first day of the following month.
Example 1: A Tivoli Pass is purchased with monthly payment on the 1st of June with 1st of June as the starting date. Payment for the month of June shall be made at the time of purchase. Payment for the month of June will fall due between the 22nd and the 26th day of June the same year.
Example 2: A Tivoli Pass is purchased with monthly payment on the 27th of August with 27th of August as the starting date. Payment for the month of August shall be made at the time of purchase. Payment for the month of September will fall due on the 31st of August the same year – 4 days after the date of purchase.
Example 3: A Tivoli Pass is purchased with monthly payment on the 27th of August with 1st of September as the starting date. Payment for the month of September shall be made at the time of purchase. Payment for the month of October will fall due between the 22nd and the 26th of September the same year.
- For Tivoli Passes purchased with annual payment, payment must be made for 12 months at the time the Tivoli Pass is issued.
- The subscription can be paid with a payment card, credit card or Mobilepay.
- When payment for a new period is deducted, the Passholder and Administrator are notified (the latter only if the Passholder and Administrator are not the same person) via My Tivoli.
- If the ongoing payment for the Subscription is not made at the agreed time, a reminder will be sent to the Administrator of the Tivoli Pass via the contact information supplied. A reminder fee of DKK 100 may be added in accordance with the Danish Interest Act (renteloven). The Pass will be blocked until valid payment data are received and payment has been made. The delay is considered significant if payment has not been made within 3 months of the due date, and Tivoli can then decide to cancel the Passholder's subscription agreement.
- Current prices and fees are always posted on Tivoli's website www.tivoli.dk/priser.
- Notification on price changes will be sent by e-mail to the e-mail address provided at least 45 days before the price change comes into force. Read more about the amended terms and conditions in point 2.12.
- If the Passholder has had a valid Tivoli Pass purchased as a subscription within the past 12 months, Tivoli reserves the right to charge a set-up fee if the Passholder once again wishes to purchase a Tivoli Pass.
- A Tivoli pass purchased as a subscription may be cancelled by the passholder subject to the minimum subscription period of 5 months from the subscription’s start date by giving one month's notice to expire at the end of a month. If a subscription is cancelled, the Tivoli pass will not be renewed.
- Tivoli Passes purchased as subscriptions must be actively terminated and cannot be suspended.
- A subscription may only be terminated in writing via My Tivoli or e-mail to Tivoli's Call Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Failure to pay is not considered termination.
- The Tivoli Pass Administrator may terminate the Subscription for the Passholder if payment is the responsibility of the Administrator.
- If a Tivoli Pass purchased as a subscription with annual payment is terminated before the validity period expires, the amount due after the time of termination is refunded. The amount is refunded in person at the Box Office or if written notification is submitted to Tivoli's Call Centre via email@example.com. The amount will be refunded to an account number or credit card. The calculation is based on the price for monthly payment valid at any time i.e. the payment for the months before the time of the termination are calculated as if the agreement signed had been made for a subscription paid for monthly.
- Tivoli reserves the right to adjust prices during the commitment period. Read more about this in point 2.13.
- The receipt for termination will be sent by e-mail to the Tivoli Passholder and Administrator (the latter only if the Passholder and Administrator are not the same person).
13. Amended terms and conditions
- Tivoli reserves the right to adjust prices during the period of subscription. Price adjustments may be due to increases in the consumer price index over the past year. Price changes can also be made if they are a result of increased expenses for Tivoli, e.g. in connection with increased expenses associated with Tivoli's operations, including costs to suppliers, costs related to meeting new requirements from authorities or legislation, meeting current inflation, and as a result of expansions or changes in Tivoli's terms and conditions for the respective Tivoli Passes. Price changes can also only be made according to the following criteria;
- Price adjustment can take place a maximum of once a year and with a maximum annual increase of 10 %.
- The changes will be notified individually
- The agreement may be terminated as a result of the change.
- If the Tivoli Pass is purchased as a subscription with monthly payment, the Administrator may, in the case of price adjustments, terminate the Subscription Agreement, including during the period of commitment. If the Administrator has purchased a physical Tivoli Pass, the cost of this will be refunded.
- Notification on significant amendments to Tivoli's Membership terms and conditions, including price adjustments, will be posted on Tivoli's website www.tivoli.dk and notified individually by e-mail to the e-mail address provided at least 45 days before the price change comes into force.
14. Right of cancellation
- A Tivoli pass purchased as a subscription may be cancelled by the passholder within 14 days from the day of the purchase. A Tivoli pass with postponed start date may be cancelled by the passholder until the start date, but no less than 14 days from the day of the purchase. The right of cancellation will lapse, if the Tivoli pass is used, including if the passholder uses the Tivoli pass as entrance card to Tivoli.
15. Tivoli Lux
- Tivoli Lux is a benefit programme that provides access to a range of personal benefits in Tivoli.
In order to gain access to the benefits offered in the benefit programme, Tivoli Lux, the passholder must:
a) hold a valid Tivoli Pass purchased as a subscription*
b) have downloaded the Danish version of the Tivoli app and have a My Tivoli-profile on which your Tivoli Pass on subscription* is registered.
*In addition, some specific types of Tivoli Passes also give access to the benefit programme, i.e.: Aktionærkort, Tivoli Erhvervsklub-kort, VIP-kort, Exclusive-kort and Ledsagerkort. Please note that several of these card types are not for public sale, but are issued to cardholders by Tivoli.
3) Tivoli Passes purchased as gifts
1. When purchasing a Tivoli Pass as a gift, the buyer may choose the month when the Tivoli Pass is to become valid, though a maximum of two months from the purchase date. The Pass will be valid for 12 months.
2. A Tivoli Pass purchased as a gift is valid for 12 months from the month chosen by the buyer for it to become valid. This applies even if the Tivoli Pass is completed at a later date, and even if Tivoli is closed during the purchase period.
3. A Tivoli Pass without registered payment information expires after the prepaid period of 12 months and is therefore not a subscription. The Passholder may convert or renew the Tivoli Pass so that the Tivoli Pass has the nature of an ongoing subscription with either annual or monthly payment.
4. Passes purchased as gifts and as BTB sales are valid from the set start month and the following 11 calendar months after which they expire, unless a subscription is registered before the expiry date.
- Tivoli Passes purchased as gifts must be completed via Tivoli's app, Tivoli.dk or in person at the Box Office. A Tivoli Pass is complete when the Passholder has added his or her name and a personal portrait photo to the Pass.
- Tivoli Passes may be purchased with a payment card, credit card or MobilePay. Tivoli Passes may also be purchased with cash.
- When paying for a Tivoli Pass as a gift, the buyer pays in advance for the entire agreement period, i.e. 12 calendar months.
- Current prices are always posted on Tivoli's website, see www.tivoli.dk/priser.
7. Amended terms and conditions
- Notification on significant amendments to Tivoli's Membership terms and conditions will be posted on Tivoli's website www.tivoli.dk and notifiedthe subscribers by e-mail to the e-mail address provided at least 45 days before the change comes into force.
8. Right of cancellation
- Tivoli Passes purchased as gifts may be refunded within 14 days in person at the Box Office or in writing to Tivoli's Call Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org. This applies only to Tivoli Passes purchased by private individuals (B2C).
- No right of cancellation applies for Tivoli Passes purchased as gifts in a B2B context.
9. Retention of ownership
Tivoli reserves the right to withdraw or block Tivoli cards purchased in a B2B context (at a total value above DKK 2000), if payment is not received timely.
4) Marketing and newsletters
1. When purchasing a Tivoli Pass, you will be offered the opportunity to receive e-mails and newsletters from Tivoli containing relevant membership benefits and offers, information on events and discounts in Tivoli, and offers and benefits that are available from Tivoli's collaboration partners. Tivoli collaborates with businesses within the tourism, automotive, clothing, drinks, hotel and energy industries. You can always see a list of Tivoli's current collaboration partners at www.tivoli.dk/erhverv/sponsorer. It will always be Tivoli that sends out the offers on behalf of our partners. If you have previously consented to receiving e-mails and newsletters from Tivoli but no longer wish to receive these e-mails and newsletters, you can unsubscribe by e-mailing email@example.com or by clicking "Afmeld Tivoli Tæt På" (Unsubscribe) at the bottom of the newsletter.
5) Personal data
Updated January 28 2021.