Færgekroen (1934) was part of the festive arrangement called the Fishing Village, but was allowed to remain after the festivities. The microbrewery was established in 2005.
The frigate (1993) in the Tivoli Lake is the third to be situated here. The first one sank in 1901, and the second one sank in 1940. The frigate floats on the water.
Nimb Terrasse across the Lake was originally called Divan 2 and was aimed at "men in the company of ladies" (while Divan 1 was aimed at "men who wish to smoke tobacco").
Divan is a Persian word for auditorium. The name provided a touch of the exotic - just like Tivoli and Bazaar.
Divan 1 and 2 lay on either side of the Tivoli Concert Hall in the year 1842. They were both cafés. Divan 2 was intended for men in the company of ladies, and Divan 1 was intended for men who wished to smoke tobacco.
Both of the Divans - currently called Madklubben Grill and Nimb Terrasse - have been greatly expanded over the years. During a renovation in 1997, the old exterior wall of wood and painted canvas was found. The wall was encased in a more recent interior wall between the restaurant and the kitchens. There is a framed piece of the old wall in Nimb Terrasse's lounge.
The most prominent hosts at Divan 2 through the years were the Nimb family, who arrived in 1877. During their period, Divan 2 was popularly known as Nimb's Terrasse and was a gathering place for bohemians and the aristocracy. The family had the restaurant until 1910, but the daughters Serina and Henriette had already taken over the restaurant in the Bazaar in 1909, which today is called the Nimb Brasserie.
Færgekroen was constructed in 1934 as part of a large festive arrangement of a fishing village. After many years of festive arrangements inspired by Italy or Asia, Tivoli began to gaze back at Denmark's history. Thus, a large backdrop resembling an idyllic old fishing village was constructed by the Lake. When the festive arrangement was torn down, Færgekroen was permitted to remain, beautifully positioned at the Tivoli Lake. For many years, sing-alongs were held at Færgekroen every Wednesday.
The microbrewery was established in 2005.
In 2002, Færgekroen got a boat-house, as the technology for the Tivoli Illuminations needed a place to be kept.
The watermill on the side of Færgekroen is also a newer addition. Its purpose is to aerate the water in the Tivoli Lake.
Fregatten Sct. Georg III was built at Hvide Sande Shipyard in 1993. The material used is mainly larch wood. The frigate floats on the water, but is not truly seaworthy, since it cannot be steered. One reason is that it is too wide at the bottom. This is necessary to accommodate a kitchen and dining area in the ship, which is used as a restaurant.
When the frigate entered Tivoli, it was driven on a flatbed truck to H.C. Andersen's Boulevard and then hoisted over the fence by a large crane.
The ship is the third one to be situated in the Lake. The first frigate was positioned there from 1887-1901. The Tivoli Lake froze during the hard winter, the ice packed around the ship and it sank. The second frigate was positioned here from 1933-1940. The ship rested on large pontoons, which sprung a leak and pulled the ship down.